Places of Interest on Skye - Things to Do
Below are some useful links to help make your stay at Wavecrest Chalet more enjoyable:
- Undiscovered Scotland - North Skye & Raasay.
- Dunvegan Castle - Stronghold of the Chiefs of MacLeod for nearly 800 years.
- Skye The Island & Lochalsh - All about the region, things to do, what's on.
- The Skye Museum of Island Life - Thatched croft houses depicting life on the Isle of Skye in times gone by at Kilmuir.
- Skye Ferry - The historic ferry at Glenelg.
- The Isle of Skye Brewing Company - Old fashioned beer from this Skye brewery.
- Talisker Distillery - A brief history of the famous whisky distillery in Carbost, Skye.
- The Isle of Skye Trekking Centre - Provides horse riding, pony trekking and riding lessons for adults and children of all ages and abilities.
- Hillwalking in Scotland - Connery's Scottish Walks.
- Skye Walking Holidays - Guided or independent walks and much more.
- Walking in Trotternish - Impressions of walking on the Trotternish Ridge.
- Skye Birds - A birding guide to the Island of Skye.
- Birds of Trotternish - Birds of north Skye.
- Isle of Skye Wildlife Sightings - Recent reports on Skye.
Good Food & Accommodation
- Three Chimneys Restaurant - One of Scotland's most favourite restaurants, with a worldwide following.
- Stein Inn - An eighteenth-century inn and the oldest inn on Skye.
- Lochbay Seafood Restaurant - Fine seafood restaurant in Lochbay, Stein.
- The Ferry Inn - Bar meals, restaurant and accommodation at this friendly inn at Uig.
- Isle of Skye Accommodation - Bed & Breakfast, Self Catering Cottages and Hotels directory of the Isle of Skye.
Arts & Crafts
- Eye of Skye - Photography of the Isle of Skye, fine art prints for sale online.
- Isle of Skye Toy Museum - The award winning Glendale Toy Museum.
- Skye Silver - Original jewellery from Skye.
- Dunvegan and north west Skye crafts group - Lace making, hand spinning ,wood-turning, working artists, pottery, tanning and more.
- Scottish Tourist Board - Holiday information, what to see and what to do.
- The Internet Guide to Scotland - Scottish sightseeing and lots more.
- Scotfind - Search Engine & Directory for Scotland.
- Historic Scotland - Ancient monuments and listed buildings.
- Caledonian MacBrayne - Hebridean and Clyde Ferries.
- The Scottish Wildlife Trust - Raising public awareness of threatened habitats and species in Scotland.